or at least make them easier to tolerate! ...
Making mornings your jam...
Yeah yeah - it's EARLY I get it. "I should just press snooze one more time" "I need more sleep" "Do I have to get up yet?" I'll wake up and work out early TOMORROW" - sound familiar? Believe it or not I haven't ALWAYS been a morning person! But now I freaking love them. Here are a few times to turn YOU into a morning dove - or at least make them more tolerable.
1. Go to bed a tad earlier. BOOM. Now there is a ground breaking idea! Late night TV? Record it. Too much on your mind? Write it down to get it done tomorrow (and actually do it) - even just a HALF hour earlier will get you up a half hour earlier!
2. Set your alarm and put it across the room - that way you HAVE to get up and once you are up STAY UP! Get out of bed. Keep repeating: "I'm awake" "I'm awake" "I'm up!" THINK positive :)
3. Create a morning routine to look forward to! I love coffee and breakfast! I set the coffee pot the night before and get such joy getting out of bed and running into the kitchen to press the button! - morning routine also includes reading 10-15 minutes of a personal development book! Puts me in SUCH a positive place for my day!
4. Creativity - it always seems to strike in the morning. I don't know if its the peace and quiet - the feeling of accomplishment before the rest of the world wakes - or just the FRESH feeling after getting some sleep! But seriously I always have the best ideas in the mornings!
5. Accountability partner! Maybe you want to get up earlier so that you get your workout done! That is a great time to do it! (its also my favorite) - having someone to hold you accountable to that goal is so vital! If you have someone to meet at the gym you can't just ditch them right? (well you could, but that wouldn't be nice!) - also having someone to text you to check in and see if you did it holds you accountable to getting ISH done!
6. Your WHY has to be strong and first and foremost. We all have goals. Make them big and make them strong. When your WHY is strong and at the forefront you will do what you need to get it done!
Oops - I guess you got a bonus one! :)
Are you a morning person? Or night owl? What gets you up and outta bed in the morning??
Runner. Lifter. Girlboss. Entrepreneur. Nurse. Coach.