He is so precious, mischieveous, a lot of work - but totally worth it. And he has taught me so much this week - not only about puppy training (I'm a total newb)...but lessons in life too!
What our Fur Baby has Taught me in Just a Week
Yes he is "just" a fur baby...but I think all mamas can relate to these things! And I would love to hear your thoughts and what you agree with...disagree with...or have to add!
1. Sleep and rest when baby sleeps. I think between me and B we have been up about every three hours during the night. Pretty much SELF inflicted because I try to get him out often so he learns to potty outside! He sleeps in a kennel in our room and has been pretty good about going in it without a ton of whining. During the day he has big bursts of energy so we try to poop him out...then he literally just PASSES OUT sleeping! When he does that is when mama rests or goes into overdrive being productive! This is the only time that I KNOW where he is and that he isn't getting into mischief!
2. Pick up your stuff! Because no matter what it is ... it will get chewed on or even peed on. Being tidy pays off.
3. Be playful and silly - sometimes the things I do are ridiculous just to make him come...and the puppy voices I use. ha! We growl at each other...tug on ropes against each other...explore the rooms in the house...go inside and outside...chasing up and down the hall...
4. But what about what getting a puppy does for our relationship? He is our everything these days! We both love him SO dang much. Communication has had to be key. Discussing HOW we want to train and treat Hank, who is going to take him out and when. Teamwork is the ONLY way to be successful in raising a puppy. I wouldn't want to do it alone and can't imagine doing it with anyone else! B is an amazing puppy dad. Seeing him play with Hank, teach him, take him for walks, snuggle in with him and just see him glow with pride is the most amazing thing EVER.
5. Still take time for yourself. Guilt free. Get in that workout. Sneak away to run errands to take a break. And when you get back you will feel better and be ready for extra snuggles :)
Do you have a pup or other fur baby ?
Can you relate to this?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
Top Tips for Getting up in the Mornings and not Hating it (as Much)
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately