Sometimes you are just feeling down or bummed - and you just need to boost your mood! Here are 10 ways to instantly make you smile (or at least it works for me!
10 Insta Mood Boosts
1. Start your day with personal development! Give yourself a head start. Just spending 10 to 15 minutes every morning with an inspirational, positive or interesting read puts me in a HAPPY mindset to get on with the rest of my day. Podcasts are great too! Put one on on your drive to work. I have lots of favorites I could suggest.
2. MOVE YOURSELF. Get exercising people! DO whatever workout speaks to you! Dancing, running, weight lifting, something hardcore or just a 10 minute walk shakes out the crabbies and has scientifically proven to make you a happier person! PLUS its good for you.
3. Phone a friend - be it a close friend, parent or other family member - just hearing someone's voice you care about always cheers me up!
4. Treat yourself to something that brings you joy. What is something you never take the time to do because "it is a waste of time" - BUT it's something that brings you joy. For me its an amazing coffee from one of my specially places and wandering around one of my favorite stores (um..I love wandering Target and TJ Maxx) Do I get to do this often? No! But when I do it feels like a treat and it brings me joy
5. Do something nice for someone else. Send someone a hand written note. Pay it forward at the coffee shop. Send a nice Facebook message just to say hello to someone. Making someone else smile always brings a smile to my own face.
6. Put on some music and totally jam out. Make it your favorite song, an old school jam or whatever floats your boat. It's hard to be down when you have a dance party going on!
7. LAUGH! Are you by yourself? YouTube videos of something goofy and I guarantee you will feel better after giggling!
8. Find the lesson in it. Whatever it is that has you got you feeling down happened for a purpose.
9. Make a grateful list. There are wins in EVERY day and no matter what, I guarantee you can find something to be grateful for. Grateful people are happy people!
10. Let yourself be in the funk. But set a time limit and then get over it! It's normal for life to have it's ups and downs - that's what makes the happy times so great! So while it's normal to have those downs... but set a time limit to it and then choose to be happy.
Your turn! What gets you out of a funk??
Runner. Lifter. Girlboss. Entrepreneur. Nurse. Coach.