I read a blog article recently that talked about food shaming, diets and other things that I so totally wish people would just let go of ... and see the biggest picture - perfect opportunity to share my thoughts with you today!
True Talk. Less is More. Diets Suck. Saying What is on my Mind...
1. There is no "best diet" for any one person - the best one is the one that you can stick to. When you are first starting out on cutting some crap out of your diet it's going to be hard. It might even feel like you are depriving yourself. But this should NOT be a forever thing. Is it going to be tricky cutting out some extra sugar? Eating extra greens? Maybe for a while. But I promise it will get easier.
2. If you are miserable WHY are you doing it? Does lifting weights suck the enjoyment out of you? Are you spending hours trying to run and hate every second? Do you like to dance/jam out? What about a circuit workout? Ever try yoga? Date your workouts until you find something you ENJOY. Not something that makes you want to knaw your arm off.
3. Live in a mindset of health - not loss. Because when you hit that number on the scale that you had in your mind you would finally feel happy at - it does NOT mean you are healthy. I mean...you could drink diet coke all day and munch on 3 rice cakes daily and lose weight..but does that make you healthy? Of course not.
4. Stop feeling guilty over eating a carb. For real you guys...carbohydrates are energy! Does that give you permission to eat 4 pieces of bread, followed by 2 beers, tortilla chips, 5 brownies with your bottle of wine? Well maybe if that is what you love and its your birthday go for it! But on the daily..NO way! THink about what you are putting in your body? Sweet potatoes, potatoes, dark chocolate, whole grain oats, broccoli - these are also carbs! Moderation and quality means so much more than quantity.
5. If you want to eat the cookie...eat the damn cookie. At least I'm going to! But I'm also going to make sure that I've had my greens for the day too. Why deprive yourself of something that you truly love. That is not living! And when you tell yourself that you can't have it I guarantee you are SO going to eat like 10 more than you needed to later... just sayin. I mean..not that I have done that or anything.. (live and learn)
6. If you truly want something different in your life you are going to have to do something different. And that is for ANY area in your life. Get over it and just do something about it already.
7. Slow the heck down. Enjoy life. I'm doing more of this and I'm loving it. Don't think of each day as a sprint...think about it as a marathon! You will get more done in the day if you focus on what is in front of you vs worrying about the hour ahead. Less can be more. Quality vs Quantity.
Your turn. What are your thoughts?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately