Mornings can be your best friend. Really!
Top Tips for getting up in the Morning and not Hating it (as Much)
People ask me all the time how i get my butt out of bed to get ish done so early...believe me. I haven't always been that way! Here are a few tips I have picked up along the way - and hopefully it helps you too!
1. If you are getting up to workout pick one you actually enjoy. Crazy right? But I promise it is possible!
2. Pre workout! My energize is delish and it's like a treat that gets me out of bed and gives me just enough OOMPH to pump me up without the icky shakes of other pre workouts (and without the icky chemicals!)
3. Lay out your clothes, set the coffee pot, pack your lunch the night before ... whatever you have to do to save you a few minutes so you just get up and get after it!
4. Habit. It takes time ... so be patient with yourself.
5. Find an accountability partner or community that checks in with you and shares your same goal of getting up earlier.
6. Pandora. Inappropriate rap music will pump me up during or workout or just in general to start my day ❤
7. Just don't think about it. Get out of bed. Get dressed. Put on your shoes. Push play.
8. There will be days when you should sleep in and NOT workout. When your body is sleep deprived, legit feels tired REST! On the daily I ask myself... "will this make me feel energized and strong?? Or will it make me feel overdressed and exhausted. Exhaustion will wreak havoc on your hormones, mood and if taken too far overdoing it will cause more harm and exercise will just become an additional negative stressor (versus asset to your health)
9. What do you want to work on in the mornings that will DRIVE you out of bed. Your WHY has to be strong. Strong is NOT a dress size, number on a scale or aesthetic. Your WHY has to be much deeper.
10. Schedule it! Write it down just like you would an appointment. And celebrate yourself when you hit it (because I know you got this) don't aim for every day! How about you get up three days earlier each week? Small changes over time = big results!
11. Go to bed a little earlier. Yeah life does not ALWAYS allow this. But try.
Now I'm curious... morning person or night owl?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
Top Tips for Getting up in the Mornings and not Hating it (as Much)
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately