I feel like I have been baking cookies since forever. I remember digging out mom's cookbooks growing up and trying all the cookie and cookie bar recipes. I was so excited when she got the new better homes and garden cookbook. I honestly think I used it more than she did...
Always after the PERFECT cookie recipes I follow a gazillion baking blogs and have tried so many recipes - so today I share some of my TOP tips to get that cookie perfection! Which to me entails a big, soft, chewy, doughy cookie that is full of melty and gooey chocolate...
Top Cookie Baking Tips
crispier edges and gooey middles... agreed? There is nothing better! I believe for this one I used "Smore" themed mix ins! (marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate of course)
you can always stuff cookies with things too - like caramel or peanut butter cups...
I prefer mine buttery with lots of dark chocolate and some sea salt sprinkled on top!
So what contributes to the best cookie?
1. every different brand has a different amount of salt in it - so really you never know what you are gonna get! Using unsalted butter ensures that you control the amount of salt in your baking and a consistent result every time.
2. real vanilla - TRUE flavor! I always use at LEAST 2 tsp
3. Sprinkle some course sea salt on top of your cookies that are fresh from the oven... you won't be sorry!
4. Think about it ... warm butter and cold eggs - mix them... and you might end up SCRAMBLING your eggs! And I'm not a fan of scrambled eggs in my cookies
5. Experiment with different ingredients that make cookies more soft!
Ex: higher brown sugar to white sugar ratio, cornstarch, bread flour, pudding mix
6. use different varieties of mix ins - use chocolate chips AND chopped up chocolate bars for different textures and more flavor!
7. ALWAYS let dough chill after it is made - I keep it in the fridge for at least 2 hours..but preferably overnight! This allows the flavors to all seep together and taste even better. Its worth it I promise!
8. Parchment paper on a GOOD cookie sheet! Invest people. Easy cleanup and even cookie baking! Silipat mats work great too!
9. Your cookies will come out looking a bit underbaked! Usually I bake mine about 8 minutes. As they sit on the cookie sheet (for about 10 minutes) they will finish baking before you place them on baking rack to cool.
10 and I already gave away this one in number 9!
What is your favorite kind of cookies?
Are you team thick and chewy? or team thin and crispy?
What are your top cookie tips to share?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
Top Tips for Getting up in the Mornings and not Hating it (as Much)
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately