well if that doesn't grab your attention ... there must be something wrong with you. (i kid. but seriously.) switched up my usual protein ball a bit today and yup they were right on. Very much COOKIE DOUGH ESK - and now that I have these created I also have some new ideas for next time to make them even MORE close to the real thing....(except way healthier - shhhh!)
Cookie dough protein balls and health coach confessions
these incorporate my FAVORITE supplement powder Shakeology! Which i might adds contains ALL NATURAL ingredients. Just to name a few: spinach, spirulina, probiotics, chia, maca maca, chia, flax, quinoa, amaranth, wheatgrass, whey, ashwaganda, green tea, and lets just say lots more. I'm winded. SO in a nutshell - its getting $42 worth of produce in one serving. Crazy right? So its a SNEAKY way to get in some nutrition and help ward off cravings for junk and these will satisfy your sweet tooth! oh i almost forgot! These contain NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS! yay! The sweetener in Shakeology comes from the stevia plant - what a win!
1 cup quick oats (making them less chunky vs regular oats made them more cookie dough like!)
1 scoop vanilla Shakeology
1/2 cup natural cashew butter
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup honey
pinch of sea sat
handful of chopped dark chocolate chips!
Mix all the ingredients to combine. Roll into balls and then store in the fridge!
Macros for 35 balls: (without the chocolate chips because I forgot to measure those)
41 cals, 5 carbs, 1.5 protein, 2.1 fat & 0.4 fiber
WARNING - deep thoughts - ...
I get so often the same comments over and over... "I could NEVER be a health coach because (insert a gazillion reasons here)"
So I want to clear the air and I think some of this MAY surprise you...(maybe not though)
1. I am NOT an expert - but i'm willing to continue to learn and improve myself each and every day! I love continuing to learn about nutrition, fitness, coffee, business, baking, food prep or whatever I feel like focusing on. As a coach I simply SHARE what I know and show others value. You know more than you think.
2. I too have fat days. Days of self doubt. Feeling unworthy. Undeserving. and Hopelessness. Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies for me either. Those are the days I feel blessed to have a team that carries me through and shows me extra love, tough love actually when its needed and I've learned those are the days that I need some EXTRA personal development time.
3. I don't work out every day. Nope. Sure don't. I do MOST days - and it's because it puts me in a better mood and better mindset. Some days I work out twice. Some day I work out for 20 minutes. Some days I lay around all day.
4. I still love working out at the gym. I sometimes like my home workouts. Sometimes I would rather be at the gym. So I do a mix of both!
5. I think that healthy has a different definition for everyone. What works for one person may not work for another. I think it takes trying new things and consistency. Oh and patience too. It takes a LOT of that. As a coach I LISTEN. I won't just tell you to "buy something" - that does nothing for me - I want to find you the resources that you will UTILIZE and then help you get started..but most importantly..KEEP GOING.
6. I do NOT care if you eat "crappy foods" - there is no need to "confess" in front of me. Seriously. I love ice cream. I have chocolate daily. Some days I probably don't eat enough and some days I probably eat too much. There is no such thing as perfect.
7. No. I don't think you can "fix" anything in 21 days - but i DO think it'll start you on the path to healthy lifestyle and SUSTAINABLE habits.
8. I really do care about you. I want to show you value. I'm not here to "make a quick buck" - I care about your family, your health, what you are up to too. And if I can do something that would be of incredible value to you please tell me.
9. Please stop mocking vegetables. I get gawked at and made fun of for eating salads and loving veggies. No I'm not eating them to "be healthy" - I'm eating them because it's damn delicious and I crave it. Did you know that 70% of North America is considered obese? And we MOCK people for making healthy food choices? hmm...are you going to be part of the problem or part of the solution.
Will you be trying the cookie dough balls?
Do you ever get mocked for making a healthier food choice?
Did anything surprise you about my list?
Runner. Lifter. Girlboss. Entrepreneur. Nurse. Coach.
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately