Since I've been married for a whole FIVE days - In looking back at our wedding day I wanted to share a few things to future brides - and maybe OTHER ladies will have something to chime in too.
Five Things I Learned on my Wedding Day... From a Bride's Perspective.
1. This is YOUR day to feel your most beautiful. Enjoy it. You are going to hear things like "You are stunning, gorgeous, beautiful." etc - instead of shaking it off. Accept and receive it. Feel it. Because girl you ARE all those things! Let people spoil you by bringing you your favorite coffee, grabbing whatever you need - This is the one day in your life you get to totally bask in it. So just receive it and savor that feeling.
2. Get ready with your girls. We had an absolute blast! Popped champagne, Girl Power Radio on Pandora, laughing, sharing stories, helping each other with hair and makeup. It brought me SO MUCH HAPPINESS to just WATCH all of my favorite girls mingle ... a few of whom hadn't met before that day.
3. Nothing will prepare you for the overcoming feeling of all of your family "mixing together." B and I have been together eight and a half years - so we obviously have been around each other's family a lot. But this felt so different. Deeper. Mom and Dads, Sisters, Nieces, Nephews, Cousins - all mixed as one and Brendan and I become one. You can literally SEE the love. Nothing prepared me to hear my dad say to B "Promise You'll take good care of her."
4. Stop worrying about little crap and the stuff that you can't control. We had a timeline for our picture, entrance to dinner, speeches, cake cutting, etc etc - and when the schedule started to go "out of whack" I ALMOST panicked. Then Abby one of the bridesmaid's reminded me.. "This is YOUR guys' day. Things don't start until you want them to." So whether or not the cake is cut at 6:15 or there isn't any cake plates until the dance start just shut your mouth. Smile. Soak all the love up around you because THAT STUFF DOES NOT MATTER. I swear to you it doesn't. Kiss your groom. Hold hands and receive all of it.
5. Look around. and Take it all in. and just WATCH. Because at cliche as it is... it FLIES by.
We feel so blessed to be able to have had our wedding at The Yard. Cliff is an AMAZING host...and this place is a SERIOUS gem. Do us a favor and go check out his site HERE
What would you tell other brides?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
Top Tips for Getting up in the Mornings and not Hating it (as Much)
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately