It's already February...can be you believe it? And while so many people in the new year are hoping to regain a focus on getting back to the gym/workouts - i find myself actually focusing on being less obsessed. Which is ironic considering the name of the most recent workout I've been doing. ha!
Fitness Updates in 2018
Since the middle of January I have been doing a workout program called 80 Day Obsession...and yes I know...the name...not only is it IRONIC - i hate it! I don't think it's a good mindset to be so fixated on being obsessed with working out and eating perfectly. (I won't get onto that soapbox today)
I totally have workout A.D.D. - so i'm loving that this workout program has something new and different each day for the 80 days!
Monday: total body core
Tuesday: booty day
Thursday: AAA (arms abs and a**)
Friday: leg day
Saturday: cardio flow
Sunday: rest and roll it out!
My goals for this program:
1. Weight: don't care about the number but I'm not afraid to gain and I'm definitely not going to be losing any.
2. BOOTY and leg gains - I want my pants to fit tighter in the butt!!!
3. I want to feel more CONFIDENT with lifting form and confidently feel like a bad ass in life ;)
4. MENTALLY realize that you don't need to run on a treadmill or work out for hours every day to get in a good sweat session and workout
5. Adopt a lifestyle of habits (with this workouts) that are maintainable for life and as a future mama one day!
I still prefer to workout in the mornings, but have done a few evening/afternoon ones when needed! My workout is not always number one in my life. PEOPLE in my life come first and sometimes although my intentions to get it all in are good...life happens and throws a wrench in things and I'm finally NOT freaking out about it.
This preworkout though is still amazing. It is what gives me the get up and get er done attitude! You need some in your life (let me know if you want details about it)
I still can't believe I can get my heart rate up so high with home workouts! I didn't have to waste time going to and from the gym...and usually when I get to the gym I don't know what to do or where to start. The workouts are done with minimal equipment like some dumbbells, resistance loops and floor sliders.
and obviously I have to share a few things that my fellow workout buddies have shared with me about their experiences too <3
I have not been doing the timed nutrition that goes along with the program and I have not done every workout (because that is just my life right now!)
But still what I have noticed?
1. Increased my weights!! I need to buy more dumbells...sigh...
2. I'm getting more efficient at the endurance workout! It used to take me over 30 and last week it took 25 :) - that is JUST in 3 weeks folks!
3. I feel more CONFIDENT
4. Feeling less bloated
5. Booty is fitting tighter in my jeans.
Hey sometimes you just have to high five yourself...
Would you consider doing a program like this as my virtual workout buddy?
What are you working on so far in 2018?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
Top Tips for Getting up in the Mornings and not Hating it (as Much)
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately