I put off getting an air fryer for so long ... I didn't want to get another fad appliance that would just sit in storage! But so far I have been using it so much it has been allowed to stay on the counter - Decided to try making all the ingredients for fajitas in there... and they turned out great!
Best part? I cooked once and this meal has already been eaten in two different ways!
Air Fryer Chicken and Steak Fajita Bowls
I'm sure this meal could be done in the oven or stove top too -
Here is how it went down!
1. Cut up your proteins! I chose chicken breasts and venison steak and sliced them into even strips. Added them to a bowl and seasoned with Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning - but use whatever you have on hand! (I'll post the link to the seasoning below)
2. Set your air fryer to 400 degrees and start! I let it run for about 4 minutes and then sprayed the basket with cooking spray before adding the meat.
3. Let cook for about 6 minutes and flip the chicken and steak! Cook another 6 minutes and remove. (I like my steak medium rare ... so cook to your own liking)
4. Meanwhile... get going with your veggie while the meat is cooking. I used 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, a container of sliced white mushrooms and half of an onion sliced into strips. I added all the veggies to a bowl and seasoned again with the Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning.
5. Clean out your basket of your air fryer - and now spray again before adding all the veggies. I cooked them at 400 for about 10 minutes and shaking them up about half way through.
Now grab a bowl and start layering!
layer one: a few greens! (I used a favorite chopped salad mix)
layer two: all the meat!
layer three: the peppers, onions and mushrooms
layer four: a drizzle of chipotle ranch and hot sauce
layer five: a few crunched up nacho chips
You could also add any of your favorite fajita toppings! Some ideas are guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa, black beans - whatever comes to mind.
Best part of this? It was made multiple ways - You could also add the fixings to a tortilla!
The possibilities are endless!
Do you have an air fryer?
What are your favorite toppings?
How would you make your fajita bowls? or do you prefer tortillas?
Find some of my favorites from the kitchen below!
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
Top Tips for Getting up in the Mornings and not Hating it (as Much)
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately