Winter blues got you down? I find myself in a funk sometimes too ESPECIALLY when its 40 below in North Dakota. I have a magnet on my fridge that says "40 Below in ND keeps the Rifraf out" - unfortunately this does not mean those downer feelings...
So how can you feel happier when the negative vibes are lingering?
5 Tips to Happier
I would consider myself in most aspects a pretty positive person but that doesn't mean I don't have those in a funk days (sometimes weeks) or get angry, negative and just an all around debbie downer. But there are some things I have learned ESPECIALLY what my coaching community has taught me and what I would like to share with you too -
1. Take some time to reflect. Take out a pen and paper and do a brain dump and reflect on yourself right now. What are you feeling? Why do you THINK you are feeling that way? What is getting in the way of your happiness? You might be surprised at what you find.
2. Take time for personal development. IT is NOT selfish to take time for you. Pick up a book, an audio, a podcast or even a devotional and just start with 10 minutes a day on a topic you want to learn more about or something you want to build upon. Some examples might be: confidence, spirituality, mindset, nutrition, leadership....What do YOU want to focus on? What do YOU want to get better at?
3. Take time to unplug and do the things that bring you joy. Go get a good coffee. Go get a new book. Call a friend. Get a manicure or a massage. Self care is not selfish. If you aren't doing something for your - you can't do anything for anyone else!
4. GET MOVING. EXERCISE = ENDORPHINS and ENDORPHINS = HAPPINESS! Go for a walk. Go to a class. Grab a friend and do a workout at home. DO SOMETHING. Also - remember that what you eat has a HUGE impact on your entire life! INCLUDING your mindset! Are you eating all processed? A diet high in sugar? Are you binging on CRAP? Prepare to feel like crap.
5. What kind of people are you surrounding yourself with? Your environment can either be an energy suck or energy boost! You are most like the five people you are around the most. What kind of people make up your tribe? Energizing and positive people that are REAL and there for you? If that isn't true you better reassess that situation.
6. BONUS: Write down 3 things daily for a week that you are grateful for. Its impossible to be unhappy and grateful at the same time.
What do you do to get yourself out of a funk? What helps you be happier? Any personal development suggestions to share?
Runner. Lifter. Girlboss. Entrepreneur. Nurse. Coach.
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately