So you want this to be your year. Lose the baby weight. Actually plan meals and follow through. Start and STAY consistent in your workouts. Get off your blood pressure medications. You might theoretically KNOW how it has to be done..but DAMN it's so much easier said than done! So what are the MAIN things you need to have and the key ways to get it done this year?
4 Tips to Hitting your Health Goals
Here are a few tips that I've come up with since just thinking about my own journey. Don't forget that health really is NOT a destination..it's just that..a JOURNEY! Always evolving as life changes.
1. Well you best first establish what the heck you even want to do! Drop the baby weight. Establish a fitness routine that you can stick with. Plan healthier meals without starving yourself. oh and ones that your family and kids will eat too (ain't nobody got time to cook separate meals!) SO yes - step one is DECIDING what you are going to do (yes. GOING TO DO)
2. FIND RESOURCES. Ask for help already so that people can hook you up! I know you are smart and capable...that is besides the point. You still need to ask for help - find people that have done the research and have done this thing before -it'll save you a tremendous amount of time! -I would love to help you - drop me an email here: email@example.com
3. Workouts for example. You need access to a variety. Workout dvds. Online streaming (my fav since it can be done from anywhere). Gym membership. Yes - I know you theoretically should be able to just go for a walk...and yes - but will you? and getting in shape takes VARIETY. Your body needs muscle building, cardio and stretching to be balanced!
4. Take a self assessment of your nutrition. Are you eating enough? Are you eating way too much? What are your cravings? Is sugar your weakness? Try tracking in an app like My Fitness Pal or simply take pen to paper in a journal and be honest with yourself.
5. BONUS TIP. It's not about a "month's challenge group" or a "21 or 30 day fix" of anything. YES that time frame is a great start - but its what you do after that that makes a difference. It has to become a routine that you enjoy and that isn't torture. Would LOVE to help you get started and get to know you better!
Fill out the form here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdC6ea0xi7zqXF1w6pS5gtWnahTVF781-LgtknA8tT4QGXaPw/viewform and tell ME more about YOU!
What are some of your goals you have set for 2017?
Cookie and Treats Baker. R.N. Nutrition Nerd. Runner. <3 Coffee. Fitness. Foodie. In pursuit of finding my own kind of balance...
Peppermint Cocoa Shake for the Holidays!
Weekly Recap, Links from Around the Web and Almost 30
Thoughts of the Week
Thinking out Loud -
Real Talk Saturday
Cauliflower Rice Stirfry
Random Thoughts this Week
What I'm Loving Lately